(Or you may contact the Town Clerk's office 315-673-4144)
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Borodino Cemetery is located on State Route 41 (aka East Lake Road), immediately west of 1752 State Route 41.
- Spafford Cemetery is located on Cold Brook Road, between Route 41 and Willowdale Road
- Cold Brook Cemetery is located on the west side of Cold Brook Road, just north of Allen Gay Road.
One regular burial per lot. A vault or grave liner is required.
Two cremations per lot. No vault or grave liner is required.
Four (4) corner markers will be purchased by the Town of Spafford and installed by the Cemetery Superintendent, (cost is included in lot price)
Headstone/footstone foundations are to be done by stone company or individuals
Regular Burial Cost: $700 Monday - Friday; $800 Saturday, Sunday, holiday.
Cremation Burial Cost: $400 Monday - Friday; $500 Saturday, Sunday, holiday.
Any burial which involves exhumation of a vault followed by placement of the original and a second vault into the original plot will be charged double the burial fees at the time of the event. Be it further resolved charges will include the prevailing cost for removal of the original vault and placement of the second vault.
The Town requests four days prior notice be provided to the Cemetery Manager for all interments. Timing of the burials subject to availability of Cemetery Manager, backhoe and operator. Cemetery Manager or his designee will supervise the opening and closing of the plot for all burials.
NO glass containers
NO trees or bushes
Lot owner is responsible for headstone cleaning and repair
Maximum number of lots that can be purchased by an individual is four (4) per year unless approved by the Town of Spafford.
The Cemetery Superintendent will meet with interested parties to show available areas.
- Convey Rules and Regulations
- Explain costs associated with purchase of lots.
- Work with existing maps to maintain accurate records of lot use.
- Ensure applicable fees have been paid to the Town Clerk
- Locate and stake lot for burial
- Oversee burials (including cremated remains) and assist with parking
- Acquire and install lot boundary markers
- Oversee installation of foundations and headstones
- Report maintenance and repair issues to the Town Supervisor
- Mowing of all Town properties in compliance with the current contract specifications.
In 2017 the mowing of all Town properties was bundled with the Cemetery Superintendent's duties and the job title was changed to "Cemetery Manager"